The COVID Coloring Book Challenge
Simply put, contour drawings are simple line drawings of the outline edges of things — no color, shading or attention to interior details necessary!
We are accepting entries now and will continue to welcome them through the end of this summer. Selected submissions will be published virtually AND in a hard-copy coloring book!
1. Please create your black or blue line drawings on 8 ½ “ x 11” white paper.
2. Fill out this Artist Information Form.
3. Submit both your masterpiece and form in one of the following ways:
- Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turn in physical artwork and form to the Aquatic Center front desk during operating hours
- Mail your submission to:
Sue Barrington, Coloring Book Challenge 2020
7666 High School Road
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Thanks for your interest and contributions. We will be contacting all submitting artists regarding the status of the project and the publication of selected artwork.
Tell friends and family about our coloring book challenge and encourage them to get involved — everyone is welcome!
View detailed directions, video instruction and resources below!
What will you choose to draw and how will it fill the paper?
- Need guidance on composing your masterpiece? Read our Composition Directions sheet for helpful tips.
- Watch our instructional video on composition!
New to this way of drawing? All the how-to’s are here!
- Read our Contour Line Directions as a guide
- Watch our contour line drawing guide and contour line example videos!