Hours of Operation
*Not open during holidays
Strawberry Hill Park
7666 NE High School Rd
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
What gear do you have?
- 2-person Tents
Hippocampe All-Terrain Wheelchairs
Our parks, trails, and beaches just got even more accessible! We have partnered with Kitsap County to have two Hippocampe All-Terrain Wheelchairs available to rent for free with a small damage deposit. These lightweight, durable chairs are designed to tackle sand, grass, dirt, mud, rocks, roots, and just about any other surface to allow wheelchair users access to places classic wheelchairs wouldn’t dare to go. They don’t float, of course, but you can even wade these chairs into the water. With specialized wheels and attachments that fit a variety of needs, these chairs are ready for your next adventure!
We have one medium and one large chair available. The medium chair can fit someone between 4’7”-5’7” who weighs under 285 pounds. The large chair can fit someone 5’7”- 6’1” who weighs under 285 pounds.
For more information or to reserve a chair, please reach out to Outdoor Program Manager Nick Prevo at (206) 842-2306 #115 or email@example.com.
How do I reserve gear?
- Online: Check availability and reserve your gear here.
- Phone: Call the Outdoor Program Manager at (206) 842-2306 #115.
- In Person: Visit the Strawberry Hill Park office when Gearbank is scheduled to be open.
Reservations should be made one week to two months in advance of the rental date. Same day rentals are possible, but only during normal Gearbank hours of operation and assuming adequate equipment is available. Gear is rented in one week time blocks. Gear must be picked up and dropped off during normal Gearbank hours.
Do I have to pay?
We’re huge fans of free gear, but we do have to charge a minimal fee to make sure our gear rental program is sustainable. We also charge a refundable deposit to make sure our gear is treated properly and can be used by many other outdoor enthusiasts for years to come.
How do I select a backpack?
Backpacks are chosen based on the user’s size and the amount of gear that needs to go in the pack. We have a wide range of packs that are a variety of sizes, so we can accommodate kids and adults. A 45-65L pack will be sufficient for the majority of 3-6 day backpacking trips. We will happily assist you select a pack that fits you and your trip once you arrive to our Gearbank!
What size of mountain bike should I get?
Generally a 17.5” bike should fit someone between 5’2”-5’7”. A 19” bike will fit someone between 5’7”-5’11”. A 21” bike will fit someone between 6’-6’3”.
How big are the tents?
A 2-person tent is made to sleep two people cozily. If you’re camping with someone you don’t know well or who has stinky feet…well then maybe opt for the 3-person.
- REI Half Dome 2+ Floor Dimensions: 92” x 56”
- Marmot Racer X 2 Floor Dimensions: 92” x 54”
- Marmot Grid 2p Floor Dimensions: 88.6” x 43.3”
- Mountain Hardwear Viperine Floor dimensions: 94” x 72”
- REI Half Dome 4 Floor Dimensions: 92” x 92”
What size snowshoes should I get?
The 22” Evo snowshoes will fit people above 5’2”. The 19” Shift snowshoes will fit those between 4’6” and 5’5”. The Tyker snowshoes are meant for small children. The closure system on the snowshoes is sufficient to fit over the vast majority of boots. It’s unlikely that you’ll be too large for our snowshoes. With our detachable tails, our snowshoes can hold up to 250 pounds and still perform well. Putting more than 250 pounds on the MSR Evo snowshoes means you will sink down a little more, but that’s about it.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellation requests made 7 days or more before the rental begin date will receive a full refund, minus a $10 administrative fee
- Cancellation requests made less than 7 days before the rental begin date will not receive a refund unless a doctor’s note is provided, in which event a refund will be granted but a $10 administrative fee will be assessed.
- Cancellation requests made after the rental end date will not receive a refund even with a doctor’s note.
- Rentals canceled by the District will receive a full refund.
- No refunds are provided for gear that is not picked up, or gear that is rented but not used.
- Refunds will be in the form of a credit to renter’s household account unless a check is requested.
For more information, contact Outdoor Program Manager Nick Prevo at (206) 842-2306 #115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.